General thoughts on writing, worldbuilding, and TTRPGs
- [June 2020] Another take on religion - I actually have used this in other writing
- [Oct 2020] Maps as Worldbuilding - some examples of how I think about how maps fit into and describe the world
- [Dec 2020] Drawing straws as a mechanic - one day I'll make a game based on this
- [Feb 2021] Using spell points to make spell casting feel more natural
- [Oct 2021] Locations part 1: some inspiration from real-world places for TTRPG writing.
- [Nov 2021] Locations part 2: as above, but from one trip to the desert.
- [Jan 2022] Printing a game: My first experience with the Murky Bog zine.
- [March 2022] On Fantasy Heartbreakers
- [July 2022] Zine Month 2022: My experience printing PTDTPA.
- [July 2022] How I see "NSR".
- [Feb 2023]Some rough thoughts on things you can do in combat in Cairn
- [Feb 2023]Some rough thoughts on character retirement
Misc. unused ideas and worldbuilding
- [March 2020] Orcs, Half-Orcs and a Homebrew Setting
- [Sept 2020] Antagonistic monsters: Bugbears - antagonistic is not evil
- [Oct 2020] Antagonistic monsters: Kobolds - antagonistic is not evil part 2 - also what is up with kobolds and dragons
- [Dec 2020] Etiquette Among The Humans; or; why are humans always the center of the world
- [Dec 2021] The Cold Lands: a standalone adventure location of desperate survival in almost unlivable conditions.
- [Dec 2021] The Common Tongue: what's with everyone speaking the samge language?
- [May 2022] Adults on Bikes: some early brainstorming for a PbtA solarpunk game.
- [June 2022] "Races" as supernatural transformations, for Cairn-like games.
- [July 2022] A first draft of a new combat system using only random tables and a momentum counter.
Actual plays and notes on other games
These are mostly very roughly written.
- [April 23 2022] In which Noi the Scout does some delving in Ruincairn and I get all the rules wrong
- [June 17 2022] In which Frederick the Seagull attempts to steal himself a dinner in It's Lunchtime!, with mixed success.
- [October 2022] A story of the ship The Moth, from the game Skyworthy.
- [November 2022] Some initial impressions of the solo game Glide - not really a review.
Notes to self + future plans
- Games to play and games I've played